"Otis Ford Put Used Parts On My New Car"

Quogue,Eastern Long Island,N.Y. "Otis Ford Put Used Parts On My New Car".

CEO's at Ford Motor Co. refuse to get involved or even help one of it's shareholders. Thank you.

Reply to
OTISFORDSUCKS

d*****ad

you wrecked an 18 month old car that you were renting. You were not buying nor did you own the car. A used door from a 1-2 year old car on an 18 month old car is not a problem.

so shut the f*ck up.

Reply to
I'm Right

Not quite... we seem to be having a battle of the idiots here!

SAYS the car was on a lease, that's not a Rental.. Rental, there's no real penalty for turn-in value.

7 year old news?!!!

- Otis has probably been through 3 body shop mangers in that time

BUT The door is the least of it!

Bottom line:

Otis-hater - Shi! happens, grow up.

"I'm Right" - what is it you do for a living, again?

Mis-Information Director?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Actually, technically a lease IS renting. The difference between a rental and a lease is a lease is for a fixed term at a fixed price. A rental is generally for an unpecified term, and the rate can change from day to day, or month to month - what-ever.

In an automotive or equipment lease, there is USUALLY a provision for the Leasee to "buy out" the lease at a predetermined price at the end of the term, and a formula to get out of the contract before maturity. There is also a condition clause - the vehicle must be returned in an acceptable condition - and if Otis installed used parts, it is assumed the used parts were acceptable to them. The car was still "owned" by Otis Ford, or Ford Credit / Ford Leasing, whatever - so THEY fix it to their satisfaction.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Upon looking at the other info on the guy's site, it does look like the shop did shoddy work - but using a "used door" per-se was not the problem.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Having read the "independant" vehicle inspection report, I would consider the vehicle unacceptable since the structural damage was not properly repaired nor, were some of the welds correctly done or proper refinishing completed. These are serious problems well beyond the door which I find to be acceptable on a leased vehicle. If that report is accurate, I would do everything in my power to make the dealership eat the sucker ASAP. I would not spend this many years of my life picketing and getting even - it's too expensive. If the insurance company can't/won't step in to correct the problem, just sue the bastards! The problem with a leased vehicle is the potential to have the vehicle appraised well below what it would have been worth in the absence of prior damage or improper repair at trade time. To me, improper repair is less acceptable than a vehicle that has been damaged and properly repaired. I have no problem with a good used door properly repaired. Many insurance companies will not use new parts beyond a certain age or mileage unless the new parts are comparably priced. It would appear that the adjuster built in a few freebies to make sure the vehicle was properly repaired eliminating any excuses for the vehicle to be slipshod reapired.

Reply to
lugnut

Why didn't you sue them in court?

Jeff