Production Information on a 1964 1/2 Mustang needed

Hello all, A friend of mine recently purchased a very early production mustang (March 31,1964) with a Vin of 5F08D106001 . The car was made in Detroit and is a convertible 4 spd car, red on red. We are trying to determine which Mustang it was in sequence. Does anyone have any ideas on this topic? Last week I was up in Detoit and visited the Ford Research Center, but could not tie down any new information. Any help from this community would be greatly appreciated! Mark

Reply to
Albert Einstein

That's easy 6001

mike hunt

Albert E>

Reply to
BenDover

Reply to
Albert Einstein

Not so, the VINs are plant and model specific. Your mustang was the 6001st built in the Rouge Plant. Ford sold over 417,000 Mustangs in 1964 even though the vehicle was introduced in April, rather than September of 1963 with the other 1964 Fords. That is why is was called a 1964 1/2, yet carried a 1965 (5) VIN#, because it meet all of the 1965 government regulations

mike hunt

Albert E>

Reply to
BenDover