Question about Idle adjustment (97 T-bird 4.6)

Just did a long overdue manifold swap and while at it replaced the old water pump, alternator, and radiator. Runs like a dream and for the first time since I bought it new I think, there are no warning lights on the dash.

Only one slight problem. Idle speed. In neutral its fine. Drop it into gear and the idle drops so low it wants to die. Looks like the idle is preset with a loctighted screw on the throttle body that has no slots for adjustment by screwdriver.

What am I missing? TIA

Frank

Reply to
F.H.

The IAC (Idle Air Control) motor should keep the idel speed adjusted. You may be defective, gummed up, or not connected.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Thanks. In the past when I had problems with that it was when it wouldn't stay running at start. Learned how to service it here on the n/g. I know its connected, might be time for another quick cleaning.

Reply to
F.H.