Question about tool needed for 97 T-Bird rear brakes

The one that would have two prongs for turning in the caliper piston. In another post Alan described it as:

The Chilton manual calls this tool a "Rear Caliper Piston Adjuster, P/N T87P-2588-A (or equivalent)" if it helps.

I'd like to know how much it costs and where I might get one.

Frank

Reply to
`F.H

Thunder Fish

Oh yes it was mentioned that a GOOD pair of needle nose pliers will work,but after several different ones and a few blood blisters,the welder came out. T

"`F.H" wrote:

Reply to
Thunder Fish

It's best if you get the tool because some caliper pistons can be stubborn. Go to ebay.com, do a search for caliper tool or brake caliper tool. You can probably pick one up for $30.00

John

work,but after several different ones and a few blood blisters,the welder came out.

Reply to
PC PODD

What about the local auto parts store? And while we're at it, should the lid on the master cylinder be removed to facilitate easier turning of the caliper piston?

Frank

Reply to
`F.H

You may find one at the parts store. Hopefully they won't charge too much. Check out the link for ebay, this one is at 26.00 with three hrs to go. At least you will know what it looks like.

Good luck.

John

PC PODD

Thanks much John. Looks like that kit is well worth the money because of the many sizes. I was thinking of just one tool. I'm a retired machinist, I think I'll just take Thunder Fish's suggestion and bang one out to fit my T-Bird. No welding though, :)) Chunk of aluminum and a couple dowel pins ground flat on the ends. Maybe even a few extras.

Frank

Reply to
`F.H

I have one if you want it..... I used to own a Mark VII and I no longer have the car. Pay the shipping and it is yours.

Reply to
Jim P

That's very kind of you. Where are you? I'm in Southern Calif.

Frank

Reply to
`F.H