Quiet Tire Recommendation for '98 Sable

It's time for tires for my '98 Sable. Around these parts, the highway department seems to love slathering tar all over the highways, followed by a nice layer of rocks. I kid you not, once I saw them pave a very nice, dark blacktop highway. It was so smooth and quiet to ride on. About two weeks after paving this, they came back through and mashed a bunch of white rocks into it and with a 70 MPH speed limit, now the inside of my car sounds like a jet taking off. I hate it.

Now I know that the best solution for road noise would probably be some kind of acoustic insulation and some kind of damper to absorb high frequency road vibrations, but that's something I'll do down the road. Right now, I'm hoping to get recommendations for the best tires to reduce road noise, especially under the conditions described above.

Thanks Damaeus

Reply to
Damaeus

Quiet Tire Recommendation for '98 Sable Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Thu, Apr 8, 2004, 9:43am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.invalid.net (Damaeus) It's time for tires for my '98 Sable. Around these parts, the highway department seems to love slathering tar all over the highways, followed by a nice layer of rocks. I kid you not, once I saw them pave a very nice, dark blacktop highway. It was so smooth and quiet to ride on. About two weeks after paving this, they came back through and mashed a bunch of white rocks into it and with a 70 MPH speed limit, now the inside of my car sounds like a jet taking off. I hate it.

Reply to
Eric Toline