Overasked lift & tire questions

I'm looking for opinions, advice and perhaps some reference sites. I have a

2002 TJ with the standard 225/75r15 Goodyear tires. From what I understand they measure somewhat over 28" in diameter.

I'm planning to put on some bigger tires and am leaning toward 31" BFG AT KOs. Do the Mud Terrains ride well? I'm guessing they aren't as nice as the ATs, but I would like to start doing some more off-road stuff and will probably appreciate the extra traction in muddy SE Iowa. Unfortunately, though, most of my driving is typical start and stop and some highway.

Now, what kind of lift would you suggest? I've asked several people - at Camp Jeep and elsewhere - and have received a ton of opinions. I'm thinking of a couple of options: an Old Man Emu 2-2 1/2" suspension, a body lift of

1-2", maybe a cheaper suspension lift, etc. So, what does everyone think?

I'd like to find a site that has a comprehensive gathering of photos of installed lift and tire combos so I can see what kind of look I'd like. I know I'll probably draw fire from some of you offroad junkies, but for the most part I'm looking at a lift for a mild gain in offroading and better looks (can't fix mine, so I'll work on the Jeep's).

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

- Kevin in Iowa, v2.0

Reply to
Blah