Radar collision advoidance system-- looking for aftermarket system

I am hoping someone may know of an aftermarket radar system to sense the car ahead and warn the driver he is approaching it to fast. I know some manufactures will have this available on the new cars in the future, but I am trying to find a co. that may have a system I can buy and install in an older car.

If anyone has a clue please let me know. Thanks in advance, Mike

Reply to
M Gold

Both of my cars are operated by such a system that is simply switched from vehicle to the other, as needed. The 'sensor' observes everything in front of the vehicle, while the vehicle is moving. When it 'sees' a vehicle in front slowing it then notifies the 'microprocessor.' Which in turn notifies the 'brake controller' to apply the appropriate amount of braking. So far it has worked flawlessly in avoiding accidents.

M Gold wrote:

mike hunt

Reply to
MikeHunt2

Both of my cars are operated by such a system that is simply switched from vehicle to the other

Gee, you gonna tell us who makes it ?????

Reply to
Indianaradio

Probably his mom and dad

Reply to
Bob

When it 'sees' a vehicle in front slowing it then

to apply the appropriate amount of braking. > So far it has worked flawlessly in avoiding accidents. Both > of my cars are operated by such a system that is simply

The only truly transportable 'system' is the driver, obviously. The 'sensor' is his eyes, the 'microprocessor' is his brain and the 'brake controller' is his foot. If a driver would simply concentrate on his 'job' of driving he will not need radar to apply the brakes for him. ;)

Mike hunt

Reply to
MikeHunt2

How did you guess?

mike hunt

Bob wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

My "Radar Collision Avoidance System" is my wife screammmmmmmmmmming. Tells me every time. :)

Reply to
Indianaradio