Ranger brake lights stuck ON

I'm driving a '94 Ranger, while my car is getting fixed. I have driven this truck quite a bit in the past, but it has been sitting idle for a week or so while my boyfriend is out of town. I drove it home at night and when I turned it off and got out of the truck the brake lights were still ON. When I depressed the brake they did not get brighter. I tried dumb things like turning the lights on and off, pressing the brake, lifting the brake pedal up with my toe. It was late at night so I just took two of the fuses out that seemed to make all the associated lights go out. This morning I fiddled with what I believe to be the brake pedal switch, thanks to another thread I read in this group. I jiggled the brake pedal switch, thinking that it might have been stuck in a depressed position but I didn't want to force anything and cause further damage. This seemed to fix the brake lights (or maybe it was just luck) but the light on the rear exterior of the cab will still not go out as well as the interior light. If this were my vehicle, I would just take it to my mechanic, who always takes good care of me and my Honda. But since it is not mine it may take some convincing. Any suggestions?

Reply to
kattand

Now try turning off the interior lites--probably by rotating headlite switch c-clockwise a few degrees. May be a separate interior switch that spins horizontally in dash & merely needs moving to off position. s

Reply to
sdlomi2