Ranger column question,help.

I am looking for information, I have an older Ford Range Super Cab (87) that is in good shape, and I would like to keep for a while longer, it is a 2.9 v6 with auto on the floor,,, and tilt whell steering....... I hope that is enough input,,,,,,,,, what I would like to have done is change the floor mounted auto matic stck shift moved to the column............... Did Ford make any Rangers with column auto shift????????. Anyone know if this can be done.?????? Appreciate any and all info. Could you 'post' the replies here on 'the group', my mail program is just full of spam, and I don't check it that ''''close'''' sooo my lose your reply. Thanks in advance. cl.

Reply to
kc5cqa

A dealer could tell you if the column shift was available. If so, get a column and linkage from the junkyard. Be aware of one thing- you may have to do some tranny disassembly. I converted a c-4 from column to floor, and the floor linkage attached from the rear side of the tranny, whereas the column attached from the front. I had to rotate the shaft that the linkage attached to. It involved pulling the tranny pan, the valve body, and reversing the lever position on the shaft. If it wasn't an available option, you can still do it by using a same length steering column, but it will be a lot of work because wiring connectors won't be the same, and linkage will have to be fabricated. Anything can be done given enough time and money.

Reply to
max-income