Re: 1993 Merc Sable LS -is this the coolest or another doggie?

JD opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@netnews.comcast.net:

4door, 3.0 v6 engine, all power, ugly maroon with grey interior, no > rust. Seller wants 2300.00. Owned by Mom and Grandmom! > 101,000 miles. > > Back windows don't go down, wonder what that costs to fix. > > All opinions needed! I just need a temp car for 3-6 months, then go > for a van... >

It should be fine. Find out if tranny has had trouble.

If you want to make SURE ... suggest tranny cooler and one bottle of Lucas.

Window motors are weak in these.

MAY be able to clean up gear grease and get them to work...Not hard. Otherwise get used ones.

Do all that... shoudl be able to sell it for that in 6 months.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Nothing wrong with the car as long as the trannie is OK.

2300 is a little high from a private party. And fixing those windows is a minor pain. I bought my 93 wagon as a fixer for $1300. $1500/1800 is more like it. But if you like it, buy it. The 3.0 is a little doggie in the wagon, but i will trade its reliability against the performance and headgasket issues of a 3.8 any day.

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ

Back windows will the motors. if they aren't used for a long time the armature will rust and they wont work. smae thing on my 94 Taurus. the previous owner never used the LR window and the motor wouldn't work. Should be able to find in salvage yard. get a warranty though.

Reply to
tmvs