Re: 1993 Taurus Emergency Brake Release Handle repair fix.

Just a guess but maybe it holds wires away from the emerg brake mechanism.....

Hi All, > > When the emergency brake release handle pulled out a couple months > ago, I rigged it with a nylon cord with a nut in the end to hold it in > place. Last week, my wife became very unhappy when it fell off during > a rain storm and she had to kneel down in a puddle to "pop" the > release lever. After receiving my thrashing, I became inspired to fix > it properly. > > As you may know, the little bicycle-like metal crimping at the end of > the cable gets cut off over time by the sharp edge on the release > lever cable cradle. You might think that such a mission-critical part > would have been deburred during manufacture, but that is a topic left > to the attorneys of the world I suppose. > > Anyway, I found an excellent "how-to" with pictorial for this repair > job at: >

. Surprisingly, I found the handle with cable assembly on-line at>
. It arrived in just two days. I installed it> with minimum effort, but this time I deburred the release lever's> cable cradle slot with a Drimmel and added a piece of shrink wrap over> the cable end to ward off a future decapitation.>

Here's where I need some help: When the cable first broke and the > handle pulled out into my lap, a metal wire from fell on the floor by > my feet. I tried to figure out where it goes, but I am at a loss to > tell. I have put several photos of this wire form at >
. Look for Photos and> Taurus and you'll see them. Perhaps someone could offer advice or a> photo of their emergency brake release assembly showing the> positioning of that wire form.> > Thank you very much in advance for any assistance that you care to > provide. > > Regards, > Brcobrem > >
Reply to
ScottM