Re: 1996 MUSTANG GT: What Went Wrong?

I have a 1996 Mustang GT with the NEW, RE-DESIGNED

> intake manifold. > > This new intake manifold has been on the car for about > 2 years with no problems at all. > > But now I keep getting the trouble code saying that there > is a misfire on the number 8 spark plug. (The plug > next to the driver's side firewall.) > > I pull the spark plug boot and immediately notice that it is > wet with coolant. > > The car runs VERY rough now, because of the wet > spark plug. > > At this point, what are my possible repair options? How > can I fix what appears to be a coolant leak? > > I recently moved to a much colder climate. Could this > be a factor? > > Any help would be MUCH appreciated. THANKS.... > > >

First thing to do would be find and fix the coolant leak, if it is coolant and not just a leak from around the back of the hood or from melting ice. Maybe you could trace the water trail back from where it looks like it's coming from to get to the plug. Does that make sense- coolant will leave an oil-like trace when it dries. Use a good dielectric grease on the boot- that may help keep the water from shorting out that plug.

SC Tom

DADGBD Neil Young tuning- Cinnamon Girl and numerous other songs.

Reply to
SC Tom