Re: Commute to work survey

Hello,

> > I am conducting research related to people's attitudes towards their > commute > to work or school. I am writing to invite you to take a web-based > survey > which will take about 20 minutes to complete.

Good luck, as soon as I saw that it will take 20 minutes there was no need to read more.

Reply to
Scott

Ditto.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I'll take it. I charge $100 per minute. As soon as I receive $2000, I'll do 20 minutes worth.

Reply to
businessman

Hello...anyone home ??...Even someone from MIT, that's now rated only the # 7 University out of the top 10, should know that a 20 min. web based survey has to offer us at least $100.00+ to do out of respect for our time and talent...

Yes...Research today costs $$$...

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...

Reply to
Lansing Small

Sorry...I understand it's hard to get people to fill a survey without incentives but I try anyway for those interested in the research. It's a project with very limited funding and it's my only way to get data and look at some results as a start.

Reply to
Maya

If I were you, I'd break the survey up into maybe three parts. I'm a lot more willing to give you 5-6 minutes of my time three times than 20 minutes once. Ideally, I'd cut the total time down as well. Is every question really all that necessary?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Simply because you came back... indicating interest in what you have started, I set upon trying your survey.

Now, I'm unsure of where this survey is heading - hopefully it is going to deal with traffic safety - but anything I will provide will only skew your survey. At the same time, how people feel about their jobs is going to colour their feelings about their commute....

Being an old curmudgeon, I can only suggest that people suck it up... they are living the life they have CHOSEN to live. If that is unsatisfactory, they can change it... but first they have to get up off their collective asses to do so....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Well what I am trying to examine is what causes satisfaction with travel (mainly the commute) and how this affects travel behavior. The literature review on commuting stress/well-being that I did suggested that there are several categories of variables, so I tried to include some of each. Yes maybe I could have cut it down still a bit but not by much I guess. One idea we thought of was to give different parts of the survey to different respondents (to reduce its length) but that would have complicated the process of collecting the data I think. Thanks.

Reply to
Maya

Hello again...I'm sorry for the poor joke answer I gave you as you proved to be worth much better than that...I too was pleased to read what you came back and said...I tried opening both web sites to go do your survey but my system ???? just will not open the page...

I wish you good luck in your survey and also in finishing your studies...

Lansing

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...

Reply to
Lansing Small

Well, it was the author of the survey who suggested it might take 20 minutes. He scared everybody off!

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Well actually it can take 10-20 minutes also depending on the mode of transportation you use (there are some hypothetical scenarios for the motorized modes). I used the conservative estimate...

Reply to
Maya

I filled it out, and it took about 5-10 minutes.

Reply to
Picasso

"Picasso" wrote

I didn't. Took zero minutes.