Re: Ford CEO Mulally says Jaguar not for sale

Down 32% because the WHEELS and TIRES are to the taste of teeners, taco venders, and darkies. Get it through your thick skulls, auto makers - caucasian and oriental people with the dough to buy overpriced luxury cars want Corinthian leather, burled dashboards and PROPER WHEELS AND TIRES. That means white wall tires on 15 inch wheels with tire cross sections in the -80 profile, not -35s or -25s which are surely coming our way.

Tires that look like the rims are riding on the road turn me off.

For you out there who are convinced you get better cornering or whatever from these new rubber band tires, let me set you straight on a couple of things. NASCAR doesn't agree with you because they use ordinary profile tires just like they always have because they work exquisitly. The new generation low/wide tires hydroplane easier on water, snow and ice, don't absorb bumps and road noise, don't wear evenly across the wide tread, and make wheel balancing and alignment all the more difficult. They just plain stink.

Reply to
George Orwell

Amazing, how you take every opportunity possible to prove you're an idiot.

While I agree that 35 and even 40 profiles are just bling... I have to say that 60 and 65 are the better option.

I wouldnt have '80's on anything I drove

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic