Re: Removal of 96or 97 Windstar CD Deck?

A single mom friend of mine asked me if I could help her remove her deck

> from her windstar as it is malfunctioning and keeps trying to load a cd even > if none is there. Looking at it, It's looks like a din deck with a bracket > around it with four holes. I don't want to tear up the dash but if anyone > knows how, before I try, it would be a great help.

Go to a car parts store and get the Ford radio removal tools. It's two U-shaped rods that fit into those 4 holes. You put in the rods, tip them slightly outwards, then use them to pull the radio or whatever towards you.

You could cheat by using 4 nails or small screwdrivers, but the danger is if you go in too far, you risk bending the clips, making it extremely difficult to remove. The rods usually only go in so far.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Sure, the Ford dealer can remove your factory-made stereo and replace it with another factory-made stereo. If you want a better sounding car stereo, Crutchfield would be your best source. They have brand name car stereos and speakers. If you seek a better sounding car stereo system, it best to contact Crutchfield before buying them because they know exactly what models fits perfectly in your car without damaging anything in your car. They tested every vehicles themselves in their "garage". The car stereo system comes with a FREE instaltion kit for your vehilcle with a do-it-yourself instruction sheet. The kit comes with propper tools for removing your old stereo and installing a new one as well as harness fasteners that fits perfectly into your car wiring system. Crutchfield offer 24 hour technical support on car stereo instalation if you get stuck or confused on the intructions. Their staff are very friendly and helpful. You wouldn't need to have a professional install it for you. Their technical support are trained professionals willing to help you install your system yourself. Here's the link to their website:

Cyber Wolf