Stereo removal question

I am going to be selling my 1996 Mercury Mystique and had a Sony stereo/CD changer put into it. I would like to remove my Sony stereo and put in the original Mercury stereo, but am not sure how to get to it. It is behind plastic molding and before I start ripping/breaking plastic I figured I would find out if there is a specific place to start.

Thanks

at

there is a FREE section for HELP/HOW TO,,, try there, look under Install doctor.com I think Follow its links to the area thatr has pics on R&R of the stereo in Contour/mystiques.

Reply to
Im Right

The Contour/Mystique have standard DIN openings. The radio is probably mounted in a metal sleeve that itself is mounted in the hole. There is probably a thin trimring around the radio. That will probably pop off. There will probably be some clip or something to squeeze, and then you pull the radio straight out.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann