Re: trouble starting when sitting for a while

> "systemnate" wrote >> when I try to start my '98 Mustang, it takes way too long, it cranks >> like it normally would, but continues to do so for about 5-8 seconds. >> It only does this when it sits for a while (prolly more than about >> an hour or so) once I get started, I can shut if off and it will >> start perfectly normal. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated . . . >> > > Sounds like your fuel pressure is bleeding off somewhere. >

Uh.. no.

To find if that is the problem, simply cycle the fuel pump a couple times before cranking, by switching ign on and off.

the problem MAY be leaking injector or Fuel press regulator... but not likely if it cranks long time after a couple days.

The OP (orig poster) needs to answer a few more questions such as whether it does this after sitting LONG term and if there are ANY other changes in how it drives.

This should have been raised on "alt.autos.ford" as it's an engine problem... I'm cross-posting this reply there. Though Jim Warman reads both

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I based my opinion on the information given. You based yours on ...something else. But that's ok, this is usenet.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy