Re: What makes a thief break into alarmed car?

Because no one pays any attention to car alarms any more. I used to be a

911 operator and if we got a call for "There's a car alarm going off" it would get pushed aside for more important calls.

Razor's Edge wrote in alt.autos.ford:

but how can someone > try to break into a car that's alarmed?? >
Reply to
NJ

Unfortunately that's so true. How many times have you heard a car alarm go off in a mall parking lot and keep walking. You might take a look around real quick if it sounds close by. Even my neighbors goes off all the time, I never look outside.

Just for owner's piece of mind now a days.

Reply to
IanCT

Maybe our situation here in Sweden is a little different, there are not so often car alarms going off, and when it does, it's caused by either the owner himself / herself in 90% of the cases, by faulty handling , etc, and the rest of the cases it's caused by vibration during hard weather.. I guess that makes people less interested in the noise from the alarms! Better is silent alarms transmitting by radio directly to nearby owner, and one could go down to the car and take care of the thief right away!

Regards Stefan

"IanCT" skrev i meddelandet news:t1mTa.359$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Razor's Edge

Razor's Edge wrote in alt.autos.ford:

That reminds me of a time when I went to a football game at the US Air Force Academy. It was "Parent's Day" and they had fly overs for the crowd before the game started. When the jets came in low and buzzed the stadium every car alarm in the lot went off!

There are alarms that will page the owner when it goes off. I'm sure after they get paged 5 or more times, they will still alarm their car but will turn off the paging feature.

Reply to
NJ

So true with the flyovers... On the flight line, car alarms go off every day when the F-15's shoot the missed approaches, especially when in full blower. It makes one wonder why, on an Air Force installation, people even bother to set these things when parking near the runway!

Reply to
Jinxter