Replacement plugs & wires?

Any recomendations for replacement plugs and wires for a 1999 Taurus with the Duratec engine?

Eric

Reply to
Eric Toline

My first choice would either be Motorcraft or Autolite with platinum tips. It has been my experience the OEM specified platinum plugs work well and will easily last 60,000 miles without further attention. I would not bother with multielectrode plugs or other unconventional designs unless the manufacturer of the vehicle recommends them. As far as the wires, my first choice would be the Motorcraft OEM wires. My second choice would be a premium aftermarket brand. the Autolite brand wires would also be a good choice in the aftermarket for your Ford product. In any case I would buy the best wires available in your area your vehicle. When you replace the wires you should take care to route the wires is nearly as possible the same as the original wires.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Eric-

I'd go with Motorcraft OEM replacement plugs and wires. You can usually buy them cheaper online than you can at the dealership. I have ordered stuff like that from

before. They typically have discount codes you can use to save money on top of their already decent prices and good service.

Dave

Eric Tol> Any recomendations for replacement plugs and wires for a 1999 Taurus

Reply to
Dave Hammond

Plugs, in order: Motorcraft Autolite AC Delco

Stay away; Bosch, Champion (haw-w-w-wk, ptuiiii!) Any aftermarket-only plug.

Wires: Motorcraft, AC Delco, Belden -OEM quality or better, ONLY!-

Stay away; everything else... unless you plan on selling soon.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic