stalls until temp is up

Ford 150 5 liter 8 cyl..i have put new wires ,new dip cap and rotor . new air filter ,clean cold air by-pass ,the motor idels real smooth and i am getting 16 to 18 miles to gallon but it will not move till it is warm and it shift hard ,like a kick in the buttom. thank you

Reply to
atvlouis

coryrhonda

My problem might be related... 99 Windstar Van. Idles high on start for about 40 seconds or so then idle drops off to about 600 rpm and Batt light comes on. Have checked the engine for all the vacumn leaks and can't find any. Is there a vacumn hose on the tranny that I can get at? O/D light comes on occasionaly at cruise and it does seem to have the kick in the butt start from a stop every now and then. Am thinking VSS is bad but haven't gotten to it yet. Get codes 171 and `174... lean running after driving for a while.

Reply to
mmmgall

The usual suspect on a Windstar with those symptoms and codes would be the intake manifold gaskets.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Today while poking around the engine in frustration.... Found one of the two bars on the butterfly valves at the end of the manifold was not connected!! This may well be my problem. It is as you mentioned an intake manifold problem and I will have to remove the plenum to get at the controller. Will check the intake manifold at that time! Thanks a lot!!

Reply to
mmmgall