Sticky front wheel sensor

Anyone have a tip on how to pull out an ABS front wheel sensor that seems glued in? I took off the mounting bolt, sprayed with WD40, and spent 45 minutes trying to pry the thing out with a screwdriver. I don't want to break it, just clean it.

Thanks

Reply to
john

tried some heat? That should enable the mounting to expand a little.

"john" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
HÃ¥ken Hveem

. snipped-for-privacy@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Do you mean with a torch? Have you ever tried it? The sensor is mostly plastic, I'd hate to melt it.

Reply to
john

meldingnews: snipped-for-privacy@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Yes, with a torch, but only heat the metal mount surrounding the sensor for a few seconds at a time until it comes free. The sensor can handle some heat. It is the brake system, after all.

Reply to
Tim J.

Twist it back and forth... the O-ring can just about marry the bore it is in.... In 40 years of doing this stuff, heat is something considered an "extreme" measure and should be avoided at all costs.

Reply to
Jim Warman

You mean grab it with some pliers and twist it back and forth? Or keep trying to pry it with a screwdriver?

Or maybe both?

Reply to
john

Twist it back and forth... in a circular motion (happiness runs in a circular motion.. thanks to Donovan Leach).... This can help the penetrant reach the O-ring... Gentle is good....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Wow, there's a blast from teh past. You wearing tie-dyes today?

.. This can help the penetrant

Reply to
Ashton Crusher