Sun Roofs

When buying an used car, you do good if you get most of the stuff you wanted. Instead of a CD player, I got a sun roof. Today it shattered. Talk about a mess! The temperatures weren't higher than the 80s. There was no evidence of foul play. How common does this happen? It could get pretty hot in the car. There was no cover. So we put foil over it. I hadn't opened it in a long time. We're looking for a replacement glass. I'd sooner get some metal and cover it up. Is there anything we can to prevent this from happening again? Would a cover help? I know of one place that sells them. Thank God no one got hurt. This happened in a parking lot. What if we had been on the road? Is there a good temporary replacement? We tried cardboard with foil, garbage bags, and duct tape. But the noise on the road was terrible. Also, they popped off. Do you leave some room for air?

Sincerely, Darren Thornton

Reply to
Darren Thornton

It was not the temperature that caused your sun roof to break. I've had four cars with factory sun roofs, I almost never use them, and would special order a new car without if they came standard on that model. Call a few auto glass places and get a quote.

Reply to
351CJ