A Wet Seat

I should know the answer to this one. But some problems could have several solutions. Which one is the best? Somehow a spot in the back seat got wet. I occasionally have to sit back there. Believe me, it is cold and wet! Most of the time, there is no towel in the car. Those fast food napkins can only do so much. How can I get the seat to dry up once and for all? The moisture appears to be deep.

Sincerely, Darren Thornton

Reply to
Darren Thornton

REmove the seat, bring it into the garage or house, point a fan at it and let it sit overnight. It should be dry in the AM

Reply to
Reece Talley

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

You always wanted to say that... didn'tcha Spike!

Wet from what? You mention fast food napkins... | so is it spilled cola? Spilled coffee? Milkshake? If so you really | don't want it to simply dry. You do have to pop that baby out, but if | it's anything with protein, fat (like from cream or milk), or sugar, | you gotta get it CLEANED. Take it to a good carpet cleaning place (not | just one of those "anybody can have a carpet cleaning company" type | places. Have it cleaned from the underside. Otherwise, that stuff will | keep leaching to the surface (and your clothes). My kid spilled a | glass of ice tea and didn't say anything until after it had dried. For | several years I kept cleaning that spot. When I was done it looked | great. But, as it dried, the spot returned because re-wetting the | stuff in the stuffing tended to reactivate it.

The Spikster is pretty much right. Being a fella and all that.

If it's just wet from water, once you take the seat out, lay it on the floor, get some terry cloth towels, lay them on the wet area and then press firmy to help get the residual moisture out. A shop vac might help but may not get as deeply as the compression of your foot pressing the foam flat.

I it's sticky, you CAN clean it, but it's a pain if you don't know what you're doing. Drying the area as much as possible by absorption will help prevent unsightly moisture rings in the fabric after it dries.

Now hust HOW DID the seat get all wet?

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top With a personal Touch... or two.

| | On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:11:22 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Darren | Thornton) wrote: | | > I should know the answer to this one. But some problems could have | >several solutions. Which one is the best? | > Somehow a spot in the back seat got wet. I occasionally have to sit | >back there. Believe me, it is cold and wet! Most of the time, there is | >no towel in the car. Those fast food napkins can only do so much. How | >can I get the seat to dry up once and for all? The moisture appears to | >be deep. | >

| > Sincerely, | > Darren Thornton | | Hey! Spikey Likes IT! | 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok | Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior | Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" | w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16

Reply to
SVTKate