The Chinese are coming!

Watch out Ford and Toyota (and all others who make cars for sale in America and Europe)!

This NY Times article talks about how the Chinese car companies are moving into North Western Asia (i.e., Russia) and Europe. It doesn't mention the Chinese companies that are building assembly plants in Mexico so they can get around NAFTA regulations.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I don't know about anyone else, but they could give me a Chinese car and I'd still drive my Toyota....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Jeff wrote in news:oQTli.50$I76.41@trnddc05:

[...]

Anybody remember the early Hyundais? I mean the Pony, of course.

Well the Red Chinese cars will be ten times worse, since Red China has no concept of freedom and thus no real check or balance on quality. Can you say "melamine in your pet food", boys and girls? I knew you could.

They will sell like crazy for one year, then sales will fall to nothing once people see what pieces of s**te Red Chinese cars are. Depend on it. The Red Chinese cannot wipe their own asses without an instruction sheet written by the West.

Communism was bad years ago, and it's bad now. It's just going to take a few more decades for that truth to become un-ignorable for the Chinese Communists.

Hey, next time you see a Red Chinaman, try saying "Tienanmen" to him...

Reply to
Tegger

Had you read the article I cited, you would see that the Chinese are learning from their mistakes.

They made a really unsafe the first time around. They won't do that the second.

Secondly, they are studying from the Koreans and Japanese. They are quick learners.

Depend on it?

I don't think so. Do you know where a lot of our electronics are already made? Who is our biggest trading partner?

And speaking of partners, the Chinese auto companies are working with western auto companies. And Cherry is going to export cars to the US real soon, selling them with Chrysler as Dodges.

In case you haven't heard, the Chinese economy is going capitalist real fast.

This is capitalism driving them.

That's not funny.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The intake manifold I just installed to replace Fords crappy replacement for its original crappy manifold which blew up was made in China. Nice piece of work. Car has never run better and for a change I don't have to add water every day and carry JB Kwik Weld with me at all times.

Reply to
F.H.

Don't worry. When the dollar hit 1:3 vs. Euro, the chinese will be making cheap stuffs for Europe and we'll be working our a$$ off to make our own, :).

Reply to
ZR

Nonsense. Chinese society is famous for producing quality goods:

larry moe 'n curly

I expect the cars will be quite good. I was in several Chinese made cars over a two week visit over there and they looked well made and had no problem running fast (80+ mph) and smooth on their high speed interstate type highways for miles on end.

since Red China has no

And you don't think bad products have ever been made over here????

You have no idea what you are talking about.

It's a beautiful location. Despite their problems, the up and coming Chinese are intent on joining the rest of the world and are quite actively pursuing all the same stuff we are. They are also quite proud of their country. I expect that in a couple more generations they may have more control over the worlds economy then the US. They are the 800 pound gorilla.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Remember what air compressors and generator sets cost 10 years ago? Now they are so cheap most anyone can buy them. They are made in China and they are good quality. If these are any indications of the way things will be with their vehicles than the US auto industry is in for an even harder time. All the while the USA is tied up with a war in Iraq and running up our national debt.

Reply to
Moe

Jeff wrote in news:Z0Wli.133$BI5.97@trnddc07:

Good for them. It's about time. If the "learning" is actually happening, that is...

But, so long as the Red Chinese economy remains government-run, and so long as the press is completely stifled, mistakes will remain uncorrected until flushed out by the West. Can you say "melamine in your pet food", boys and girls?

Can you say "SARS"? I knew you could.

One "unsafe" was plenty. Can you imagine the backlash had it been an American company that had produced the one "unsafe"? Oh, wait, it's already happened. Several times.

Looks like the Communists get a gimme the West does not.

Not really. Red Chinese Communist culture makes perfectly intelligent people duller than dull. The good ones defect. The remainder need to be kicked in the ass repeatedly and regularly to produce stuff that's not shit, and stuff that's not late.

In order to meet American quality and delivery standards, you (as a Westerner) need a to have a full-time rep in Shanghai -- or wherever your factories are -- to regularly apply the whip to the Reds so they won't stop working the moment nobody's watching them. And so they won't paint an item blue that's supposed to be purple just because blue was all the factory happened to have on hand at the time.

You (as a Westerner), do all the design. You do all the legwork and quality control.

It's funny how Hong Kong and Taiwan have the same ethnic mix, yet a totally different approach to quality and innovation.

And who *manages* all that trade? Not the Red Chinese, that's for sure.

That's "Chery", not "Cherry".

So Chrysler is going to be selling shit under their own name, huh? I seem to recall they did that once before, with Rootes Group cars. We're going back a few decades here, and it appears Chrysler hasn't learned a thing since then.

The evidence "continues to mount", huh?

If you mean "state capitalism", then yes. The Red Chinese state holds all the cards within its sphere of influence.

If you mean ordinary individuals being left alone to pursue their personal dreams, then not even remotely close.

Compare the United States in 1870 to Red China now.

No it's not. And it should nevere be forgotten that THIS is the REAL Red China.

Reply to
Tegger

A perfect example is the reunification of East and West Germany.

The East Germans were used to the communist government....lazy, lousy workers. It damned near brought Germany down. The Communist way of life is what the Dim party in America wants us to become....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Cut back on talk radio.

Reply to
F.H.

Their work ethics seems a lot like our political ethics.

Reply to
F.H.

The reality is that Chinese people work harder than people in the US.

OR longer when they make iPods:

My experience in working with people from China is that they do work very hard.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

An old Cold War-era saying by communist workers:

"As long as they pretend to pay us, we'll pretend to work."

Reply to
witfal

Reply to
razz

Talk radio? I remember seeing an article in '90 just after the wall came down.

Free Germans built BMW's and Mercedes, while the downtrodden built the Trabant, a two-stroke, oil burning POS.

I don't think talk radio had much to do with it.

Reply to
Scott

Since the average American family is losing buying power, and in all probability due to corporate owned politicians and outsourcing will continue to do so, getting accustomed to "Wal-Mart shit" is whats in store for most folks.

Reply to
F.H.

What does that have to with the ludicrous assertion of what the "Dim party" wants?

F.H.

I remember hearing the same thing about cars made in Japan, back in the early 70's and I said it at the time also. The products I've bought that were made in china have been satisfactory. This includes kitchen faucets, fans, air compressors, generator, probably most of the computer I'm using, tools, lots of things. The 12 dollar oscillating fan from Dollar General impresses me the most. 7 years now, quiet, runs fine, does what it was supposed to do every summer since I got it. Runs 24/7 4 months of the year.

Reply to
Moe