Timing belt kits

I've seen quite a price spread on the timing belt kits. This includes belt, tensioner, idlers. The range is from $123 to $400+.

Anyone familiar with ContiTech? They are the low end. Yes, I know Gates or Dayco is better, but this is a kid on a tight budget and the car probably won't last more than a year anyway so I'm thinking cheap may be OK.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Anyway you can actually inspect these kits ahead of your purchase? I'd buy the one with the most domestic content, even if you were to keep this car for one year only. Yea, they would probably all last you at least one year.

Reply to
Kruse