Timing belt kits

I've seen quite a price spread on the timing belt kits. This includes belt, tensioner, idlers. The range is from $123 to $400+.

Anyone familiar with ContiTech? They are the low end. Yes, I know Gates or Dayco is better, but this is a kid on a tight budget and the car probably won't last more than a year anyway so I'm thinking cheap may be OK.

It is going in a 15 year old car on the second engine already. The kid's budget is so tight, his grandfather is probably going to give the kit to him for his birthday.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

ContiTech =3D Continential AG, the German tire/rubber/belt company.

I would have no hesitation putting one of their belts on my car.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

Thanks for the confirmation. Conti Tech it will be. The car is a '95 Probe with Mazda engine. Now he can get out and look for a real job to pay for it all.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski