traction control on 07 sportrac

Is it possible to completely disable the trac control when needed on the 07 sportrac. Was on fire trail and power to the wheels were constantly disengaging, more of an annoyance and waste of gas. But the big scare, Hwy 17, Old Santa Cruz Rd getting on to 17, gas it to get onto the freeway, started strong got up to about 35 - 40 with Trac Ctrl off, then fell flat on it's face with no power. Looked down and saw the RPM rise... started to feather the gas but no response and took the ECU too much time to recover.

If there's an article already out there please, point me in the right direction... Hope this post gains some traction.

Reply to
Tony

Your saying that when the loss of power occured, the RPM's were rising ? Is this 2WD or 4WD Sportrac? V6 or V8?

Reply to
HerkyJerky

Well, it's an 07... aftermarket info is going to be closer to non-existant than "hard to find". At this point in time, you are blaming the vehicle dynamics for your conern with no real stated proof....

I can only suggest you take it to your dealer... tell them what is happening and avoid what you "think" is happening. We can only repair those things we can prove are broken....

Reply to
Jim Warman

It's a 4wd, V8... yes, no forward movement but rpm rising. If you drive it on a dirt road you get the same thing regardless of hard acceleration or steady/smooth acceleration. Seems just driving on a dirt road and hittng the bumps and dips it activates traction control and cut the power. It's funny how they put this on a truck, I can understand on a car. I'm in 2WD when it happens, have not tried it in 4WD cause the conditions didn't require it.

As for the other comment from the other post. I don't think somethings happening, I know it's happening, i.e. reproducible

Reply to
Tony