Truck brakes on Crown Vic?

Problem:

Crown Vic, 2000 model, goes thru brakes every 3 months, likely due to the fact that it is driven in hilly terrain and cross country often.

Question:

Is there any way to install "Ford Truck" type front brakes to help this problem? Such as those on the pickups or vans? I dont mean just the disc-pad, I mean the entire brake components up front.

If so, which ones, etc?

THANKS

Reply to
Bill

Answer:

No

Reply to
SizzleMP

Has the dealer made any suggestions? There are police package pads... maybe other mods available. That's awfully fast wear. How many miles do you drive in a month?

Paul in Dayton

Reply to
F&P

There is something way wrong here, are the rear brakes adjusted and functioning properly? Is the proportioning valve working? Are the calipers hanging up and dragging? Are you ridding the brakes? If all these things are ok I would use a Bendix Fleet pad they are used in taxis and police cars. The only drawback is that you will eat the rotors faster.

Reply to
MbFlash