update on 93 taurus no start!!

Hi all, Thanks for your suggestions. Backyard mechanic, I thank you ,and you will see more descriptive results from me next time!! lol

We found out the problem was the catylatic converters. We took it finally to a work shop and they found that the catylatic converters were plugged solid!! The EGR valve had melted and was giving us a bad code?? Something I overlooked befeore?

I am a ex Ford mechanic, so I do know some of what you all are talking about.Yes we need more input than what I said in my post but figured you all knew somewhat what i meant? sorry I'll be more descriptive next time

Reply to
Shawn Smith

Shawn Smith opined in news:fa28$413d0c5d$45319181$ snipped-for-privacy@psouth.allthenewsgroups.com:

hmmm plugged solid cats.

suggest you always buy your gas from a high volume station, high volume supplier.

I've had that happen ONCE,, right after I bought from a low volume Citgo station...which in my area is low exposure.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Some of those had one cat on the Y pipe, some had two. Either way, its an expensive proposition. Change all the O2 sensors while your at it.

My question would be plugged or melted into a lump? If the engine was misfiring and it caused the meltdown, a new cat could soon be toast also. The other problems need to be fixed ASAP if that's the case.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

Hi Bob and Backyard mechanic,

Reply to
Shawn Smith

Got nothing to do with the price... has to do with quality control.. and road-side stand type stations or low volume brands often get screwed up.

My experience was, cat melted into a ball, right after low vol off brand fill-up. And I did nothing but put on a new cat and it was fine.

Pick a low-price market leader that's everywhere and the gas will be ok.

Around here, that's Speedway.

BTW, I absolutely hated BP up to now.. but since they've started using Arco's formula it runs great in my cars. Still only go to hi-vol stations, tho.

Shawn Smith opined in news:c855e$413f0db8$45319064$ snipped-for-privacy@psouth.allthenewsgroups.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic