87 240dl - start problem #3

Previously posted this saga, and it continues. cranks, but won't fire. made all checks from 25a fuse to fuel tank pump everything in between...all "good". gave up, sent car to local mechanic who thought the main pump had some ceasing problems. He replaced it, but car still wouldn't start. He made some checks, but felt he was spending too much time on it. I said give it back, I will pay for work done so far. Now it gets spooky: Since we live a block and a half away, I had my wife help to push it back home (with the mini van, of course). She gets in it and it fires right up!!! I drove it, stopped it, it started, several times last night--no problems! My son took off to school this am...no problems! I visit the mechanic this morning and, with a grin, tell him, ok, you got me, nice trick. When I told him what happened, he couldn't believe it. We both agree the other shoe is about to drop, and further agree it is a loose ground, etc. QUESTION: Anyone know of a common ground problem? There are probably

8-12 different candidates, but was hoping someone has found a specific one like the main pump ground, etc that would do something like this. Thanks--Tyler
Reply to
Tyler

Sheriff1

Sheriff1 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nvbell.net:

You might have. The fuel pump relay can rust out, and work >> Previously posted this saga, and it continues.

Reply to
Steve W.