USA FORD ESCORT LX 1996 1.9 Automatic

I need help! When I am starting my engine, engine starts to work only after 4-6 seconds. We started to search the problem and founded, that after turning off the engine, fuel witch must be under the pressure, between the engine and fuel tank, goes back to the fuel tank (seems like the fuel pump does not work properly). Now my engine does not start normally, becose he needs the time to pump the fuel in to fuel system (fuel system pipes) 4-6sec.

What to me to do? In system there is a valve or I need to change the pump? The valve in the pump which holds of petrol?

Excuse please for bad English...

Sergei Tallinn, Estonia USA ford owner

Reply to
sergsmal