Volume of coolant in engine - idle time for heating

Hi

I would like to estimate the amount of time needed to idle a car in order to get it warm in a cold day. I need to know how much of the coolant fluid is actually inside the engine (The car datasheet just gives you the total coolant volume such as 19 qt, but this includes the radiator and the heater) and how much weighs the engine block itself as it gets heated as well.

I need the answer for the F-150 but will appreciate a generic answer for any car (a link or something).

Thanks!

Reply to
ir1968