Water Condenses Inside Headlamp Housing

I've recently inherited my father's old 1992 Taurus wagon. While everything pretty much works, I've noticed that both headlight housings have condensed water on the inside of the front lens. Is there a decent fix for this or should I just leave it alone? Doesn't seem to affect the longevity of the bulbs as far as I can see (pardon the pun).

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Water on the inside of the housing indicates a leak. The watrer seems to discolor the inside of the plastic and is nearly impossible to clean out completely. The water will eventually get on the bulbs and shatter them. I usually just replace the housings, they're not really expensive aftermarket. Here's some examples from Ebay. Itam numbers 8003465231 and 8003515111 are $80 total with shipping. They offer the pair for $99 including shipping(?). I got new housings from a local supplier for a 92 Tempo that I once owned for $30 each. For that price, why bother trying to clean, polish, and fix the leak in the old ones and still have lenses that will yellow again quickly.

Reply to
Tom Adkins