205 leaking water

Anybody out there who can help me on this problem? I have a 1986 P 205. The car is used once a week only. After a rainy day I find water on the bottom of the car behind the left front seat and on the floor of the luggage compartment. I did the leak test spraying the doors and the windows with a water hose, but there is no water leaking in. Are there any hidden holes where water may drop in? Please help!

Reply to
André Legerman

Hi,

Common fault, usually caused by rear worn light clusters' seal. Replace seal or use some sealing dough. My brother has fixed his '91 DTurbo that way.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Light cluster seal? Really? Mad, I'd never have considered that. Mine turned out to be seal on the rear wiper jet, same on my mates GTi.

Coyoteboy

Hi,

Perhaps this isn't the right term. Indeed, that black seal between light plastic cover & bodykit, not kidding ! This has been discussed many times here, now proven (to myself) with the example of my brother's DTurbo.

Wow, this one is a bit vicious :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Coyoteboy, You gave the right answer. Thank you both for your efforts André

Reply to
André Legerman

Glad it worked out good in the end - nothing worse than a leaky car!

Coyoteboy

Theres a seal between the back bit of the cluster and the actual metal work - no doubt it could leak in there. Wasnt my first thought though, thats all i was thinking. J

Reply to
Coyoteboy