water on passenger side floor since heater core change Taurus '03 OHV

You may remember my previous post about the antifreeze smell coming through the vents. Took it to my local mechanic and he determined that it was the heater core. $550 later, got it back and the antifreeze smell is just about gone (I'm assuming that it takes a while to get out of the system). Only drawback is that the passenger side of the car now has a puddle after rain. I'm guessing that he broke the seal of the cabin vent. I resealed this a couple of years back, is it a good bet that I need to recaulk it?

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
Bill Baxter

A better solution would be to take it back to the person who didn't finish the job. If your mechanic broke it, he should fix it :-)

If that proves to be a PITA, then whatever you did to fix it last time should work again, I would think.

Reply to
SC Tom

There is a water diverter above the air intake. It's on the passenger side, just below the wiper blades. You need to remove the cover and see if a flap at the end was damaged. It makes sure water draining off the shield runs past the intake, and doesn't drip directly into it.

And to dry, make sure you pull up the carpeting and make sure it's dry underneath, unless you want your car smelling like a swamp.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

And the floor rusting out making it a "flintsones car"

Reply to
clare