weird noises 71 ltd

hi, hoping someone in here has had a similar car with similar problem....car makes noises sounding something like birds chirping...I think the noises are from the back but hard to tell....I repacked the front bearings....pulled the c clips from the differential and took the axles out and checked the rear bearings and they looked good(wish I didnt do that, it was hard to get the gears right)....the u joints have fittings so I greased them until old grease started showing.....after doing all this I have driven the car to ny from ga twice and the noise is still there...also tightened the belts up front but didnt think the noises were from that direction....any ideas? forgot to mention, I not the first owner of this car and it sat for many years, I had to remove a bunch of rust from the bottom mostly passenger side and spray undercoat....thanks for any advice

Reply to
Peter Gennuso

Remove the wheel covers ( if any) and check if noise is gone

Reply to
JohanB