what does a torque converter cost/entail for a 94 Taurus?

Bought a new VSS 3 months ago, tranny running great. Last week while accelerating I heard a 'rumble' at 20 mph a couple times, like running over a cow grate...

10 days later my tranny blows today on the freeway, no way I could drive it, anyone know what I'm in for? Tow guy says it appears to be in the front seal area...
Reply to
JD