what's sticking?

1990 Grand Marquis GS 5.0 EFI

Starting this summer, every once in a while, after driving on the highway the idle would go way up. It would stay high until I shut the engine off. When I shut it off the idle always goes back to normal.

This high idle doesn't happen every time I get off the highway but enough times for it not to be normal.

Any help in directing me to what is sticking to make the idle run high under these driving conditions is greatly appreciated.

Besides this problem the car runs great.

Thank you.

Reply to
topsy

Have the codes read out.

Often an intermittent vacuum leak. OR Sticky ISC, OR bad spot in TPS resistor track

topsy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks