When I turn on the heater is smells funny and fogs up windows

Whenever I turn on my heat it blows out a funny smell and immediatley fogs up the winsheild. Since its been hot I've just been putting water in my radiator. Do you think putting in some antifreeze might help?

Reply to
MsThang

The smell and the fog is the antifreeze evaporating from the heater core leak, and it will fog your windows with a residue also. I had a car that had such a sudden bad leak that I had to roll down the windows and other cars thought the interior was on fire :-{

Reply to
I. Care