xj40 fogging windows: ?water in heater blowers

Hi All Recently got my first Jag and love it! 89 3.6 sovereign My windows fog severely: making visibility awful, have taken up front carpets: v.wet. I have cleared the duck bill and 2 drain pipes, checked sunroof drains. The A/C isdisabled since condesor broken. Heater is poor, some (little) heat to windscreen, heater when on frequently blows fuses. I believe I may have water in the blower housing, would making a small hole in the bottom be enough to drain it from while still in car? Can anyone detail for me please procedeure for accessing blowers? are there any photos?

Thanks for your kind help Wayne

Reply to
WayneS

Hiya Wayne,

I had this problem on my '89 Sov. It was the heater matrix. As a quick fix to stop the water, use a piece of copper pipe and bypass the heater by joining the two heater hoses together under the bonnet. Take out the glovebox and crashpad and the heater matrix is right there above the transmission tunnel. A couple of screws and out it comes, a real easy job. This was a UK spec right hand drive tho', if you're left hand drive it might be trickier!!

pottsy

Wayne,

Your window fogging problem is most likely related to the fact the condensor is broken. The major function of the condensor is to extract moisture from the air. In most cars it is reccomended that the ac be engaged when attempting to clear windows.

Reply to
Dark 1