Where to find paint code 1981 fairmont ?

Where can one find the paint code for a 1981 Fairmont. I went to a paint supply store and they say that the only way they mix colors is by giving them the paint code off the vehicle.

I have looked at all the visible decals I can find and there is nothing about paint code. I assume it must be somewhere anybody have an idea where.

It has the original paint, I know this because I have always owned the vehicle. It is a 4 door sedan, color is light blue.

Thanks in advance Denny B

Reply to
Denny B

There is usually a code on the information plate on the edge of the drivers door near the latch. Take a look at

. Ed

Denny B wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

The paint color is a two digit code listed on the decal located on the driver door post.

mike hunt

Denny B wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo