Why is my fuel pump so noisy ?

Does anyone have any ideas as to why my fuel pump is so noisy. It's an 89 Sable. The fuel pump is a carter. This is my second carter the last one only lasted 10 months. Carter says it could be due to low voltage at the pump. I really don't want to drop the tank again just to check voltage. Does anyone know where the ground wire for the fuel attaches to the body ? And what is the difference between a CCRM out of an 89 and a CCRM out of a 95. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
Tim B

Tim B opined in news:QlMmc.12613$F04.8514@clgrps13:

Almost guarantee the CCRM is different, they often change year-year. If they have the same Ford numbers, they are interchangable.

Was the pump noisy from the start?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Well my car takes a E6DZ-12B577-DA and a 95 takes a E9DF-12B577-AA. So would these be interchangable ? The thing is I have a 95 CCRM on my 89 and it's been on there for a year or more and I haven't had a problem. I'm just trying to figure out if this could be the reason my fuel pump is noisy. I can't see it though cause the fuel pump out of an 89 and 95 are the same.

Both fuel pumps were noisy from the start. The hotter it is outside the noisier they are. They are not noisy when it's below 15 C outside. Thanks

Reply to
Tim B

Tim B opined

? Well that (E9) IS an 89 production number.

I'd live with it then... pretend it's an 81 BMW 320. You couldnt hear yourself think in the back seat.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic