Windstar Heater

I have a 1998 Ford Windstar. The heater has quit blowing warm air at lower mph. I have to be going about 55 to 60 mph before it starts blowing warm air. Anybody have any ideas what would cuse this?

Thanks Terry

Reply to
kemmerer

And you've checked the obvious, like the radiator coolant level?

Reply to
Kruse

Other than a low coolant level or a defective thermostat, your water pump may have eroded fins on the impeller. This reduces it's efficiency, requiring a higher engine speed to move the coolant around the system, including the heater core. Does the car have a temperature gauge?

Reply to
Fordfan

Yes I have checked the coolant, and temp gage reads normal. I will have to check the thermostat. Thanks for the input

Terry

Reply to
scotnmary

Is your blower motor working?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

ya his first description made it sound like air is not blowing out, not that the air isnt hot. When I had my 80 VW rabbit I knew the blower motor didnt work and the faster you went the more heat you could get because it would help just push some air over the heater core. Right about the time I made it to work the interior would start to get warm.

Reply to
Max Power