WTB: 1998 Taurus AX4N

I'm looking for a transmission for my 98 Taurus. 3.0 L V6. Any good places to search online? I'll be looking around at the local scrap yards. I'm convinced these are disposable transmissions. Ebay has 'em for $700+ but that's ridiculous.

Any advice on buying a rebuild versus ripping one out of the local junk yard?

Thanks

MW

Hope I didn't forget any information.

Reply to
MW

Howard Cohen

Yeah, they make mechanics a LOT of money.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives