Looking for online used/salvage parts order

My locality: Minneapolis, MN (USA)

New to this group. Excuse if not the proper group to ask or if this is a common question.

Time to think about fixing the car ('92 Subaru Legacy L 4WD non-turbo stationwagon). Rust, broken trim, etc. The dealer wants lots for replacement parts. The ones that I'm looking for this week are the driver-side door panel speaker cover (just need the speaker cover, gray color, and not the entire door trim panel), driver/left-side front fender, and hood. I figured to hunt around the local salvage yards but they don't have parts. Yeah, they might have crashed Subarus for parts but not as old as mine (1992 model).

Looking for suggestions on how to find used parts for my Subaru. I have, for example, submitted a request through

but that doesn't return anything definite. It spews out requests to several junkers that then send an ambiguous response saying they have the part (which is often just a template message where you then have to go to their site to submit again, or you need to call them to find out if they really have it). I would be willing to sacrifice the lowest price for the ability to find out online if the part was in stock and get a price quote for it. A local place would eliminate shipping costs, but online ordering would be okay, too, if I could guarantee the part ordered was the correct one (paying for shipping 3 times - once to deliver, again to return, and again to get the correct part - could easily wipe out any cost savings versus getting the part from the dealer). I just replaced the driver-door lock cylinder. The dealer wanted $55. Got it from a local Napa Auto Parts store for $21.

Just a heads up on the parts that I'm looking for:

- Speaker cover, driver-side front door (w/power windows), gray color.

- Left/driver-side headlight lens assembly (mine has yellowed).

- Left/driver-side front fender (to far rusted to bondo it).

- Hood (not sure if I want to bondo this or just replace the hood).

- Rear door outside latch (under horizontal Subaru plate).

- Rear door air lift struts.

- Wiper arms (all 3: 2 front, 1 rear).

- A/C parts (condensor, evaporator, etc.).

- Catalytic converters (front & rear).

- Engine computer ("check engine" light comes on repeatedly but testing shows no codes).

- Exhaust oxygen sensor.

I'm in the USA. Although I would prefer a local place to pickup the parts, having them shipped would be okay if the total price was still cheaper than getting the parts from the dealer. International shipping would probably destroy any cost savings (and maybe that's probably why the parts are pricey through the dealer since they are ordering them from Subaru).

Reply to
Vanguard

You might check here. They are a large inventory of used Subaru parts. Nice people and Subies are all they do.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

Thanks for that link. I'll have to wait until I get home to look at their site. At work, all their image links are just red X boxes.

Reply to
Vanguard

check the forums at

and especially at