wtb: door panels for a '67 Galaxie 4-door

Red would be nice. anybody? I need all four.

steve

Reply to
stevekulpa

have you tried ebay? or aftermarket parts catalogs?

Reply to
Shawn

Ebay had a complete set for a '66, even red!!! the seller told me he looked it up and they would not fit the '67 :-( to bad cuz he only wanted $5 each. an uphol. (how do you spell ah-pole-stry) shop here in Nashville will make new ones for $100 - $300 EACH!!! Don't think so...

Reply to
Steve Kulpa

I know Dearborn Classics has panels for a '67 2 door... They are over $300 each though and didn't even include the metal backing that hooks into the door, you needed to reuse your old one and bond the door panel to it. Not sure if they have 4 door panels but if they do they will be expensive. Your best bet, since those prices seem out of your budget, is to check local junkyards. If you find panels in decent condition you ahve a good cahnce of getting red (it was a popular interior color) but if they are not red you can get vinyl dye from many of the restoration parts companies that will exactly match the original color options.

At my local yard here in NJ there is a '67 4 door LTD. I don't remember the interior color, but if you'd like I can check the condition of those panels for you. The LTD panels are different from the regular Galaxie 500 penels though. Not sure if that makes any difference to you.

Cory

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Cory, thanks for the offer, but let me check around here first before you go to any trouble.

steve

Reply to
Steve Kulpa

Is this common, can upholstery shops make new door panels? I'd like to hear more about that, it would solve some problems for me, not wanting to vacation in Hershey everytime some interior part breaks. :)

Thanks.

Reply to
clemslay

LTD will be a hardtop, his Galaxie might be a sedan.

Reply to
clemslay

Check with Dearborn classics Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video. http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/davescar_7_11_05_002.jpg
Reply to
Spike

Yes they can... it's done all the time on the show "Overhaulin". In fact, you could make them yourself. Use the old as patterns. You can buy the materials at a yardage shop, from an upholstery place, or check the internet (Google for upholstery materials and supplies.) You might not get it in the first try, but with practice you too can be making your own panels. I have seen some really great self done padded consoles, etc.

Check with Dearborn Classics.. they have different catalogs for different lines (like my Mustang) Spike