1989 F150 Oil Pan Leaking

I have a friend who was told that in order to replace the Oil Pan gasket, that either the transmission had to be dropped or the engine had to be lifted and that this would be about a 6 hour job. He just wanted confirmation regarding this, and I personally have never worked on this truck type, so any help/advice would be appreciated.

TIA, CM

Reply to
LamboV12

If it's just the gasket, you can raise the motor slightly, drop ther pan onto the crossmember, clean the old gasket and slip the new one around the pan from the bottom. This is assuming the gasket is one piece, I "think" 88 or 89 was the first year for the one piece silicone gaskets. The old style 4 piece sets can also be done this way with some patience.

Reply to
Tom Adkins