Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
Thanks. I know what the seat of my pants tells me. Before the change, shifting into reverse or drive made the car feel like the rear end was physically loose, that's how much the clutches were locking...

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
Every car has a 'little black book'. Every fuel fill is recorded with the accompanying fuel economy. THe fuel economy went up and stayed up after adding the Cold Air intake...
1
1

87 Ford Taurus emissions problem
I have an 87 taurus 3.0L that failed high speed HC. All of the other emissions tested passed. It is a high mileage car mainly driven on highway. Results were as follows: High speed: HC Spec: 168 Test:...
4
4

Re: OT Cheney - Cutting Gas Tax Stupid
Your arguments would have more credibility if you took the time to use your spell-checker. THERE back yard should read "THEIR back yard" stifling is wrong too. . many independent sourses agreea on...
1
1

Re: OT Cheney - Cutting Gas Tax Stupid
As with your answers to the questions you are 180 degrees of out line in you assment of me LOL

2004 FORD MONDEO DURATEC HE 2.0
Hi, Ford engine "Pinping" any solution please.
1
1

2000 Taurus Wagon Liftgate - Door Unlock
Using the key fob or the door switch to unlock all the car's doors, the liftgate power door lock no longer works. Fuse checks out, so does the relay I tested it with an ohmeter and with 12 volts,...

Ford Mustang Glass Roof (2009)
[URL] [IMG] [IMG] Ford Mustang Glass Roof The 2009 Ford Glass Roof Mustang provides a third roof option for customers and responds to their growing desire for more natural light. Production of large...

Ranger stress crack in windshield (2023 Update)
I've got a 08 Ranger that developed a stress crack on the lower center part of the windsheild. It runs more or less horizontal a few inches from the bottom. I went to the local Ford dealer and he...
5
5

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
I think the chief reason they are in the tank is to prevent vapor lock. If the pumps are external they have to pull fuel through a line from the tank to the pump. This "suction" lowers the fuel...

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
Are you sure about that? As I recall the wiring diagram for the SO's RAV4, there is not a separate feed for a low fuel level switch. I'll check the wiring diagrams this evening when I get home. Ed
2
2

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
I don't think it is a fake. I read a SAE Paper that drew similar conclusions but with a lot of caveats. As I recall the authors speculated that the new oil acted like a solvent and that it dissolved...

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
Possum is better.... Ed
1
1

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
I am surprised. I know Datsun 280Zs had plastic tanks in 1976. I am thinking that plastic tanks are actually a good thing. Ed
4
4

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
Actually, there have been SIGNIFICANT issues with both gas tanks and oil pans rusting out from the inside. Ands some cars have a separate low fuel warning switch, while others, apparently, use the...