Re: OT Cheney - Cutting Gas Tax Stupid

Please explain how you believe the national debt can possibly EVER be "paid off?" Even the few time we had a balance budget we still had a national debt

In message news:wbb4k.7598$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi144.ffdc.sbc.com, SMS > burned some brain cells writing: > > This is a two-part question. First the national debt must be paid off. .
Reply to
Mike hunt

Officially the last time the National Debt was paid off was January 8, 1835. Klark Kent has himself confused with the other Man of Steel aka Joe Stalin.

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to
CharlesTheCurmudgeon

Because Republicans won't always be in power? ;)

Reply to
Norm De Plume

Are you really that low? It makes no difference WHO is in POWER, as long as the federal government continues to sell US bonds every day as it does, the national debt can not possibly EVER be "paid off."

Reply to
Mike hunt