10w30 oil in Focus XZ3

Hello,

I put Pennzoil 10w30 instead of 5w30 in my USA 2000 Focus ZX3 as the oil-change place ran out of 5w30 I didn't have the time to go elsewhere, looking for 5w30. Do you think it's a problem?

We're getting warm weather in California and theoretically should be ok, but still, I think the car starts a bit harder now. I don't hear valve rattle or anything, so that's a good sign.

Regards, Stan

Reply to
Stanjo

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:35:58 GMT, "Stanjo" wrote Re 10w30 oil in Focus XZ3:

No, not at all.

Reply to
Vic Dura

It's vital to use 5wxx in European Zetec-engined cars. For the relatively small cost, I would change it as soon as possible.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I am positive it won't cause a problem. I was using 10W-30 in the summer on my 2001 ZX3 Zetec until recently. I now have 75K miles and this caused no problems. I now use 5W-20 in winter and 5W-30 the rest of the year. The thinner oils lubricate faster in the cold (below freezing) and give a bit more mpg. If it was me, I'd leave it in and put 5W-30 or 5W-20 in next time. If it gets hot where you are, I'd go

5W-30.

Gary

Reply to
GM